Saturday, December 10, 2011

Army War Heroes #24

The first comic since I started this blog to have racist language in it. I've read lots of war comics and it is quite prevalent in them, but it has been a while since I've come across it.
This issue has three different stories in it. The first is about a two man clandestine force that is not sanctioned by the army. It also features Hitler, a man who is mentioned often but doesn't often appear in the books I have.
The second story is about the redemption of three men accused and found guilty of being cowards on the field of duty. A really well written story I think.
The third has Australian forces meet up with American in the South Pacific, with the capture of a Japanese General. It also shows the sacrifice men made for their comrades so the job can get done, and mentioned briefly also the sacrifice they made by not being at home.
My issue is really beat up and I'll probably have to find an upgrade at some time in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment