Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Combat #30

Once I saw this issue in the bin at a comic book convention I knew I just had to have it. First off I love the covers Combat has on their issues. The art of the full face or combat scenes is amazing. This issue is the story of John F. Kennedy. Not being an American I knew he was in the military at some point in his life, but I had no idea what he had did.
As the story goes he was a Lieutenant in the Navy serving in the Pacific. His PT boat was run over by a Japanese ship and him and eleven of his comrades clung to the remains and eventually swam to a nearby island. It goes on to tell how he swam from neighbouring island to island looking to either find an American patrol or some form of help. Eventually they receive help from natives of the islands and then the New Zealand Navy and make their way back to the American Navy.
It was a really interesting story and the artist really got his likeness down pat. There is also a one page biography General Buckner, the highest ranking American killed in the Pacific Theater. A four page Roman story about the Fall Of Palmyra is at the end of the book.


No comments:

Post a Comment